Wednesday 9 September 2009

The debate continues

Some time ago I was asked the question will what I'm drinking kill me? My honest answer to that person was I don't know, and neither does anyone else!

When a group of experts sit down to look at the situation they find they must come up with some guidelines. However where do they get the information from? Recently members of the groups responsible for setting our daily guidelines have been calling into question their own findings.

Essentially the information relies on individuals telling the truth about drinking habits and medical professionals accepting without embellishment those amounts. As this is unlikely to happen the scientists making recommendations do so on shaky ground. The problem is to prove how much booze causes a problem we will have to kill someone with alcohol. Not exactly ethical

No comments:

Post a Comment