Tuesday 8 September 2009

Lets Start to Debate Alcohol

Now there is an age old question, 'When is a drunk too drunk to know?'

The real question is what is drunk? Do we need alcohol to be drunk? Is everyone feeding us half truths or worse outright lies?

I've been working within the alcohol field for over a quarter of a century and I have to say I do not have a polarised view. I neither stand with the drink manufacturers or the abolitionists. I have free thought and I am able without pressure to generate freedom of debate. I do not accept what the drinks industry alludes to nor do I demonise drink in the same way that the so called professions do.

I want people to have information so that they may make an informed choice. After all isn't that what democracy is about? The right to make informed choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment